Dear valued OVDA patient:
We hope this message finds you and your loved ones in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority at Oak Valley Dental Associates. With guidance from the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), we’ve reworked normal office logistics in a way consistent with the most up-to-date infection control protocols protecting our patients and staff. These are some of the changes you may see when it is time for your next appointment:
• Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you arrive at the office, as well as have your temperature taken.
• If you have forms that need to be filled out prior to your appointment, we ask that you access those ahead of time on our website. If you are not able to access them in advance, they can be brought out to your car.
• When you arrive, please remain in your car, and call or text the office to inform us of your arrival. A team member will give you instructions and meet you outside the front door when we are ready.
• We ask that you wear a cloth face covering or surgical mask to your appointment, which we will ask you to remove when we are ready to begin with treatment.
• We will ask that you wash your hands or use hand sanitizer upon your arrival.. We will be disinfecting and wiping down doors, door handles and commonly touched patient objects hourly.
• Our waiting room will have limited seating and no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
• Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean you’re offered fewer options or times for scheduling your appointment. However, we will be expanding our hours to help accommodate for the missed months and rescheduled visits.
• We will help expedite your “check out”, payment and scheduling process as your appointment ends.
Aside from these changes that we are making in our own office, we know that this time has forced many difficult changes for our patients. If you have specific concerns about changes to your own medical or oral/dental health, changes to your finances, or changes to your dental insurance, please contact our office at (734) 761-1122 to discuss further with a helpful team member.
As you can imagine, we have many patients who have deferred treatment since mid-March as well as patients who are already scheduled in the coming weeks. We ask for your patience and appreciate your flexibility as we work on accommodating all our patients in the most timely way feasible. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you--and every patient--safe in our practice. To inquire further or make an appointment, please call our office at (734) 761-1122, or visit our website: oakvalleydental.com.
Thank you for your understanding and continued loyalty. We value your trust and look forward to welcoming you back!
The OVDA Team